When you are in a relationship that you cherish, you want to do whatever you can to make sure that you make it work. Here are a few things that will make your relationship more healthy and that will make it last longer.
1. Be prepared to work – you have to be willing to get out of your comfort zone and you have to be willing to share what is in your heart and your mind.
2. Forget about changing your partner – there is no such thing as a perfect partner, but when someone is made for you, it can get a bit better. There will be things that will irritate you about them, and you have the right to communicate that to them in a loving way, so that they are aware of it. But if you think you can change them, forget it. You can only change you, and they can only change if they make the decision to change.
Behind the arguments you have is pain or fear – Sometimes we fight with our partner because of something that is inside of us that is making us uncomfortable or that causes us pain or because of what we are afraid will happen. Before you get upset with your partner, try and figure out why you are mad them, and sometimes you will find that it comes from inside of you.
5.Appreciate each other every single day – This does not have to cost a cent or be some huge huha moment. Just letting your partner know that you care or that you love them can shift your relationship in a whole new life.
6. Anger will strain your relationship – getting angry can make you do certain things that you may later regret. There will be times where you get mad or irritated with your partner, but before you get mad and shout or say something that could potentially hurt your partner, give yourself some time to cool off. Only when you are calmer should you discuss the issue.
8. Be best friends – when you have been together for a while, the hotness fades and the relationship intimacy may fade. But when you are best friends, you will still appreciate each other and still make amazing memories.
9. Be happy outside of your relationship – you need to be able to create your own happiness. Your partner does play a role, but in order to you to be fully happy, your happiness does not come from your partner. You need to be happy solo before you are happy because of someone else.
10. Give what you want out of the relationship – If it is understanding that you want from your partner, you have to be more understanding. If you want your partner to be more loving towards you, then you need to be more loving towards them. Try it, it works more often than not.
With love and relationships, there are no guarantees, but these tips will definitely allow you to have a better relationship.